This list compiles some of my favorite items for helping me keep on track while on Weight Watchers.
- Kraft Fat Free Cheddar slices – 0pts
- Let me just say that Fat Free cheese has come a LONG way
- Kraft Fat Free Shredded Mozzarella – 0pts per ¼ cup
- Over some Butternut Squash noodles…
- Pepperidge Light Bread or Sara Lee 45 calorie bread – 2pts per 2 slices
- For sandwiches and morning toasts
- Joseph’s Flatbread and Lavash breads
- Bolthouse dressings
- The Caesar one is my favorites right now and it takes any salad to another level.
- Starkist Tuna Creations – 2pts per bag
- This are great for when you need a quick meal. Mix in a bag with avocado, tomato, some onion and enjoy on a bed of lettuce.
- Reese’s Mini Croutons
- They take any salad to the next level
- Sugar Free Popsicle
- 0pt dessert for summer and late nights.
- Olé Xtreme Wellness Low Carb Tortilla – 1pt
- I love to use this in wraps SEE HERE or as a crunchy tostada.
- Mini Wontons Chicken and Cilantro – 7 pieces or 2pts
- I get these in bulk at Costco. Either chucking them on the microwave or on the Air Fryer, they’re amazing as a side dish.
- Egg whites
- A cup is 1pt and with some fruit and coffee, it’s the perfect high protein way to start your day.
- Unsweetened Applesauce – 0pts
- Amazing quick snack for on the go.
Weight has always been an issue in my life. Ever since I can recall. Long story short: I’ve done it all, tried it all and hated it all. The only thing that seems to stick is the Weight Watchers plan. I’ve been in and out for the last few years since joining in my first year of college.
Here’s my 101 list if you are thinking about joining.
- Figure out why you want to lose weight: It could be your health, feeling better about yourself, giving use to all those shorts that are in your closet… Whatever the reason may be, keep it clear. That will be your motivation and what will push you to reach your goals.
- Join either online or go to a meetings. I’ve done both and for me the Online Community is more that amazing when it comes to ideas, inspiration and motivation.
- SCAN EVERYTHING YOU EAT – it’s fun and scary. Realizing that a bag of “healthy snacks” is 10 pts per serving will keep you shook and untrusting of everything you eat.
- Pace yourself and figure out your triggers for going off track. For me, it’s emotional eating. Using food as a reward when I’ve done something good or when I’m feeling down.
- Weigh yourself ONLY on Weigh-In Day.
- Don’t be discouraged. Some weeks hold big losses and others small or you stay the same. DO NOT BE DISCOURAGED BY THIS. Follow your path and keep your goal in mind.
- Prep the key things – In my case chopping a lot of veggies and having my breakfast all ready to go in the morning help me keep on track.
- Get inspiration from the amazing WW Instagram community. Some of my favorite ladies:
On the Netflix / Hulu front this are some of the things in my current rotation:
- Jane The Virgin – watching the 3rd season as you read. This is one of those shows that legit surprised me on another level. How they integrate the voice of latinos in Miami with the rhythm of the Novela storytelling while including the structure of literature floors me. Don’t dismiss this show!
- Gilmore Girls – re watching this for the 3rd official time. This show is my favorite ever and not only because it includes one of my favorite TV characters of all time. #TeamJess!
- The Handmaid’s Tale – Elisabeth Moss needs all of the awards for this portrayal. It kind pisses me off that I didn’t read the book before watching the series.
- Friends from College – this one we devoured in one sitting. Mostly because we were bored on a Friday night and mostly because I’ll watch Cobie Smulders in anything she does. It’s a pretty annoying show about elitist annoying people that insist in being friends after graduating from Harvard 20 years ago. But it will fill the void for something to watch.
After thinking about it for ages I decided to bite the bullet and start a blog. I know… cliché! But I’ve been craving a creative outlet for quite some time and I hope this space will provide that.
Ever since I was kid I’ve been obsessed with lists. All kinds of lists: Top 10s, Best of, To Dos, New Year’s Resolutions, Pros and Cons. Lists help me sense my reality, see what I have to do, what I’ve done, my hopes, goals and favorites. Lists keep me organized, as much as they can and as much as I let them. They are a written path for me.
I hope that in these lists you find some knowledge, some guidance and some entertainment.